TrueCare24 is the #1 Nationwide Care platform. We provide health care services to those who need it, from individuals to multinational companies working throughout the USA. Our smart AI platform (completely free of charge) allows medical professionals to build their independent careers in a very convenient and modern way.
Do you see yourself as a healthcare provider, getting varied experience at business and residential clients? We are now searching for Registered Nurses for business clients in your area. The ideal candidates are dedicated, reliable, caring, professional, with excellent communication skills.
- Pay Rate: Starting from $35/hour
- Contract: 6 months (with extension)
- 40 hour week
- Day shift: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
- Night shift: 8:00PM – 8:00AM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
When caring for clients, the RN will establish a Nursing plan of care or contribute to an existing plan. Plans may include numerous activities performed by the RN or LPN, such as administering medication, including careful checking of dosages and avoiding interactions; administering therapies and treatments; observing the client and recording those observations; and consulting with physicians and other health care clinicians. RNs/LPNs record clients’ medical histories, behavioral health histories and symptoms. As the RN, the candidate may provide direction to licensed practical nurses or other clinical support staff including paraprofessionals regarding client care. The candidate will perform the following duties:
- Treat and educate clients about behavioral health conditions and medical conditions
- Interview clients and/or family members using acceptable techniques that are appropriate for the client’s level of functioning to obtain necessary information regarding medical, social, and/or emotional background Complete initial and ongoing Nursing assessments, treatment/discharge plans, and Orders for Services that reflect treatment goals, nursing interventions, client response, and standards of the Agency, and the State
- Assist in performing diagnostic tests, operate medication machinery or equipment, analyze results, and consult with prescriber regarding treatment interventions.
- Perform routine tests and take vital signs regularly as prescribed in each individual plan of care
- Administer medications, including injectable medication, to clients as ordered and indicated in treatment plans
- Monitor medication response, side effects and adverse effects of medications
- Order lab-work per protocol, perform lab draws, use CLIA-waived (Clinical Improvement Amendments) lab equipment for in-house lab-work, and obtain lab results from commercial labs; assist with referral process as needed or indicated for variations in metabolic indices
- Record clients’ medical histories, symptoms, and any treatment plans into the client record
- Provide education on diagnosis, medication use, side effects, treatment adherence, and other topics as individualized for the client.
- Provide basic case management and linkages by making referrals for changing levels of care or to community partners.
- Complete and/or sign medication logs, progress notes, entries into medication profile, and medication and laboratory orders (within Agency established timeframes)
- Attend monthly nursing staff meetings or program meetings.
- Provide social and psychological support to clients through client engagement, listening and discussing problems and progress as necessary.
- Utilize skills of Safety Care to de-escalate situations and avoid the need for restraint.
- Contact other health care professionals within or outside the organization to obtain consumer background information in accordance with established guidelines.
- Complies with all DBHDD regulations and Advantage Policies and Procedures regarding client care and any tasks/responsibilities ..
- Other duties as assigned by Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, or other members of leadership.
Location and setting:
- Refine Stabilization Center.
- This position is located in Fairbanks, Alaska
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing and two years’ experience in Behavioral Health (preferred)
- Graduate of an approved school Medical Office Assistant and/or two years’ experience in a clinical setting
- Preferred Education: BSN or ASN
- License: Current RN license issued by the Alaska Board of Nursing
- Certifications: Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association